Thursday, April 21, 2005

Eebeeb

Tim and I were both working on our computers tonight when I got up to go to bed. I decided to check on the fish first so I looked in the tank saw Bahbeesh but I didn't see Eebeeb (see our site for the update about Eebeeb). I looked around on the desk and on the floor and I couldn't find him anywhere.

I told Tim to come out and look at the tank, he looked in--"Aw man, I wanted to see a fish eat another one." I just thought we had a suicidal Eebeeb but Tim thought that we had a canabalizing Bahbeesh. We looked around some more and finally found Eebeeb under a part of the desk looking very dead.

So we got the directions to the new tank out again to figure out how to close the lid around the filter which we couldn't do before, we worked on that for a little while then we had to figure out how to get Eebeeb out from under the desk. So I went and got a long spoon, scooped him up and dropped him in the toilet. I was just about to flush it when Eebeeb started swimming around. WHAT THE???? I know that is what you are thinking because that is what we were thinking too. We both stood there staring into the toilet at Eebeeb...swimming...not really believing our eyes.

So I used that same spoon and took Eebeeb back to the tank and dropped him in, then I noticed that he was covered in dust so I had to get that off. So Eebeeb is strangely alive and dust free tonight. I don't think that I will ever forget this fish.

(We have no idea how long he was down there but it was at least 5 minutes between the time that I noticed that he was missing to when we dropped him in the toilet.)

1 Comments:

At 4/22/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Our fishes used to always commit suicide but we never resurrected one!
You are truly amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home