Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Visa update

Today, we mailed off the (hopefully) last of the forms we had to fill in. On saturday past, i mailed off the Affadavit of support package, which was a huge amount of tax information and notorised forms. It was very complicated and was difficult to get right, but I hope I have.

Yesterday I filled in the "actual" visa application. I had to write in every date I had visited the US, and luckily I had my old passport to help me with the dates! There was a whole pile of other things I had to fill in about myself, it felt more like a job application form, with family history etc!

I'm so glad to be done with filling in forms for now.

The process from now, should hopefully be a little easier to understand. The National Visa Center will take our forms, look at them and tell us if they need any more evidence, which we will then supply if required to. They will then wrap up the whole case and send it to our embassy in London. This bit is called Case Complete.

When our embassy receives the case it will arrange an interview. They usually leave about 1 month, so that we can organise a medical. For that i will have to travel to Edinburgh, Birmingham or London.

At the interview, I will be asked a couple of questions, but it is mainly to check the paperwork is correct, as NVC only checks for completeness, not correctness, so the visa could still be denied right up until we have it in hand!!!! (although this rarely happens, only really in suspected fraudulent cases, and they usually just ask for more information)

So I would ask that everyone prays for the paperwork, and that we would get back to California on God's time, and also that we get everything tied up here in time.

1 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Wow, what a lot of work! Congratulations on getting it all done. We'll be praying that it all goes through smoothly and that the timing is God's best!

Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home