Wednesday, February 08, 2006

my birthday part 2

On Saturday morning, Andrew brought me breakfast in bed. Then we got the house all ready for the party and then went to Belfast to do some shopping.

Jonny, Suzanne and Darran came over about 5:30 and brought Chinese food with them for dinner. Then we all got ready for the party and Andrew got the bar area ready for his first attempts at cocktail making. Andrew (aka Pro, a lawyer) and Darran (aka Count Ali, a mystery writer) wore tuxes which were kindly borrowed from Linleys. Suzanne had a red evening dress, feather boa, and long gloves (she was Randy, an actress). Jonny wore tweed trousers, a blue button up shirt, big glasses, and a white lab coat and even tried to comb his hair over to one side despite the fact that its less than a quarter inch long (he was a Dr.) I had a grey tweed skirt, a lace-high neck top, pearls and glasses hanging around my neck (I was a personal secretary, uptight type).

Colin, Davina and Bryan arrived about 7:15. Davina had a black evening gown, and feathers in here hair and lots of fake diamond jewellry (she was Flo, a rich wife of Donny). Bryan didn't dress up (he was Donny, a banker). Colin had on a military jacket, because he thought he was a soldier, but he was actually a hiker named Rog, an illegitimate son of the guy who died.

We played the first round, and everybody got really into it and asked for paper and pens to keep notes. And then when we went to get more drinks and food, they kept telling us to hurry so we could start the next round. So that was good. After the 3rd round, we had some hot finger foods. Everybody was really interested in all the facts and made sure they got their information out. Bryan sat in the corner for most of the night and I honestly can't say if he really played or not. I think he said the things he had to say, but his character was one of the least interesting ones. Although I'm not sure if thats because Bryan didn't get into it as much as other people or if it actually just wasn't an interesting character. Either way, he didn't get as much attention as everyone else. But it was really fun. And everyone seemed to have a really good time. So much so, that everyone was less interested in getting cocktails and more interested in starting the next round so they could keep playing.

Then we had cake and ice cream. I tried to make a cake from scratch from a recipe i got off the internet I think. It looked really good at first until I cut into it and realized it was super-thick. It didn't rise at all, just cooked like it was, which was really really thick. But it still tasted really good, like cake should taste. It just wasn't soft and fluffy, at all. I asked who wanted some before I cut it and only Davina, Darren, Andrew and I did. And we all ate it and liked it, but no one else would try it. Oh well. All the more for Andrew and I later.

Davina, Bryan and Euphrates got me a new book and some jelly bellys. Suzanne and Jonny got me a necklace and earrings set. Colin, Darran, Billy and Muriel got me a guestbook, and a notepad. And Muriel gave us some cookies and shortbread that she made.

I think thats it. It was really fun. And now I'm old enough to rent cars. Yippee!



1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would have eaten your cake. :) Who won the game? That's too bad about Bryan, but it sounds like everyone else had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home