Monday, January 30, 2006

update jan 30

Not too much to update since it wasn't all that long ago that I saw everyone. But still a few things.

Twix: Twix is doing well, and was very happy to be home when we got back. And, since he has most definitely gone beyond his ideal weight, has made a new years resolution to go on a diet.

Brittany and work: I'm still working at Linley's and was asked today if I would work 5 days a week for the next few weeks, and possibly for awhile after that. Although i was really enjoying working 4 days a week and having 3 lovely days off, the money would be helpful and it wouldn't be so bad doing an extra day so I agreed. There are a couple reasons why I was asked to do this. The first one comes with a prayer request. Colin, who I work with in the hire, found out yesterday that his brother took his own life Saturday night. His brother had been battling with depression for a long time but no one realized it had gotten so hard for him. Colin was really close to his brother so he’s taking it very hard. Before this happened, Jim, my boss had spoken to Colin on a few occasions regarding the fact that Karen and I seem to do most of the work in the hire. I knew Jim wasn’t happy with Colin’s work but I was told today that Jim was considering firing him. I don’t think he’ll do that anytime soon, but it might still be a possibility later on. Anyway, I’m still at Linley’s and it doesn’t look like they’ll be getting rid of me anytime soon.

Brittany’s attraction to all things related to colds and flus: I have come to the conclusion that if anyone with a cold comes within a mile radius of me, somehow I get it. In the last 40 days I have been sick 26 days. 10 days of the flu in California, followed by 12 days of a sinus infection and now, as of Friday, I have a cold. Fantastic.

Andrew and work: Andrew got a raise, yay! And was told that if things didn’t work out in California, he would be more than welcomed back and they would still be interested in taking him on as an apprentice partner. Which, even if we don’t take them up on that offer, is a very nice compliment to Andrew. And if they decide to open an office in California, Andrew would be more than happy to run it for them.

The Visa: So far the visa process is going pretty fast, much faster than we thought, which is always good news. But we’ve come to another waiting period. Normally it only takes a week or two so we should get to the next stage soon. We’re just waiting for something in the mail. Out of 5 parts in the pre-London stage, we have two down and three to go. Once our application gets sent to London, Andrew just gets a medical and then we both go for the interview and then they give us the visa (if all goes well).

2 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Chesney said...

That is too bad about Colin's brother. It is weird how many sucides that I am hearing about. I was just thinking that earlier today before I read this.

That is nice that your job is still going strong. It is always nice to make a few extra bucks (or pounds) every once in a while. And with Andrew getting a raise you guys should be rolling in it.

So with the visa thing are all the other 3 parts about a 1-2 week process as well or are they all different. If they are then you should totally be able to get here by May right?

 
At 1/31/2006 4:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Unfortunately not. The first 3 things involved are basically just bills we have to pay, and a form to tell NVC where to send our forms to.
The next part is where we actually apply for the visa, and put together a package which identifies all the tax information which proves income over the last 3 years.

The actual visa application, from what i believe, isn't too difficult to fill in, as it is pretty similar to the forms we filled in previously, however, the tax stuff is notoriously difficult to get right, and it has to be perfect. So far, I have about 75% of it totally ready, and we just need to get Brittany's form notorised, and wait on a release form coming from Donni and Curt, and then be told when we can send it in.

It sounds complicated, and is!! But at least we aren't playing the waiting game anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home