Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Stuck

Sad news. I got a letter about the classroom assistant jobs I applied for. They said I wasn't qualified so they wouldn't even send my application through to the school to be interviewed. So I called them up to tell them they were wrong and I was over-qualified but they still said because I didn't have an NVQ then I wasn't qualified. Which is stinkin because I have more education and more experience than most of the people applying for that job. Stinkin Northern Ireland classroom assistant hiring people that don't see a good thing when it comes to them. So I'm stuck at Positive Futures for now.

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Man, so you're both overqualified and underqualified...interesting. They should've at least let you be interviewed so the school could determine if you're right for the job.

What's an NVQ?

 
At 3/10/2005 11:28 AM, Blogger Chesney said...

That's annoying. Is the NVQ a test or is it something more? If it is just a test could you take it and then re-apply? At least you have a job to fall back on so you aren't jobless.

 
At 3/10/2005 2:13 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

An NVQ is a Nationally Verified Qualification, I think. Its a certificate to say you are qualified to do something. Some of it is bookwork and some of it is work experience. It would take me 3 years to get one. Which isn't really worth it. And in order to apply for an NVQ you have to have a job in the field (due to the work experience part) but you can't get a job until you have an NVQ. It doesn't make any sense at all, even the woman at the college where I could get one says it makes no sense. Grrrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home