Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Intramural Volleyball

I started an intramural volleyball team this week and our team had our first game tonight. It was awesome! I thought I was signing up to play intramural volleyball, but apparently I was signing up to be a team captain. I was about to tell them that I couldn't do it and didn't have a team, but then some of my friends decided that it would be fun. So, I found some people in my dorm to play. Not too many of us have played before, so we aren't the best, but we did so well today and we definitely had more fun than the other team. We even have a team mom! She brought us capri-suns and kudos for an aftergame snack! Everyone was having so much fun, it was great. Well, I was just really excited that we are actually playing and how well we did. I can't wait until next week!

6 Comments:

At 2/09/2005 11:06 PM, Blogger Chesney said...

That is cool that you are a captain. So you must be getting pretty good now that you have volleyball as a class and are doing intramurals. How did you end up getting a team mom? Someone must not've moved very far from home if there mom is there to bring snacks.

 
At 2/10/2005 1:04 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Our team mom is one of the RAs in our dorm. She was there when I was trying to get people and she decided that she didn't want to play, but she wanted to be involved, so she chose to be the team mom. The team we played against was so jealous of our team mom. It was great.

 
At 2/10/2005 3:07 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Ok, great--I'll teach Caleb hockey, Chesney will cover baseball, and you can coach him volleyball. He still needs soccer, golf, and cricket--any takers?

 
At 2/11/2005 12:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know soccer and cricket!

 
At 2/11/2005 8:21 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I can teach him soccer too, and Katelyn, Dad and I can all cover golf. Everyone here thinks I'm quite good at basketball too, so i'm probably good enough to teach him that too. :)

 
At 2/14/2005 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Shawn - that sounds really fun! Hope your team does good, but I guess as long as you have a team mom and get snacks each time... who cares!

I can teach Caleb "ring around the rosie"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home