Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Back in Santa Barbara

Hey Everyone!
I am back in school. It has been kinda crazy so far. It has been raining a lot, but today it was beautiful and sunny. For a while, 101 was closed north and south of Santa Barbara, so we were like on our own little island. I think it is open to the north now, but it is still closed to the south because of the massive mud slide. My Abnormal Psychology class hasn't even met yet because the professor can't get to school. It stinks because I am looking forward to that class and it is at 8 AM so I wake up and get all ready just to go and read a note that says the professor isn't there. Why couldn't Experimental Psych be cancelled? That one is my last class of the day and the professor has no communication skills. He didn't even start talking today until 35 minutes into the hour long class and then when he did talk he didn't make very much sense and what I did get out of it was stuff I learned in high school. I could go on...but I won't. My other classes seem really good. I am really excited about my New Religious Movements class. The professor seems really good and very well educated on the subject. It's cool because this is the first time I will have the same teacher as mom had. :) Kinda wierd. I'm not sure how I like my schedule yet. I have four classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, while on Tuesday I only have Beach volleyball and on Thursday I only have Psych lab. We will see how it goes. Wow, this is a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. Hope everything is going well at home.

4 Comments:

At 1/13/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Chesney said...

So what did that teacher do the first half hour of that class if he didn't talk until half way into it? Take roll? Does the teacher that had mom remember her? I amd still liking being on break, I really am not looking forward to going back. I only have 5 more days left.

 
At 1/13/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Well, he didn't show up until 10-15 minutes after class started and then he started talking to people that were adding or dropping the class. Then he went over the syllabus for a second time. This time he actually gave us the syllabus though. I think after that he "lectured" (if you can call it that).

 
At 1/13/2005 6:12 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Oh and I haven't talked to Enroth about mom yet. Hopefully Donelyn Culver is a weird enough name to remember 32 or so years later. :)

 
At 1/13/2005 11:43 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Are you sure you don't want to wait till after the class is over to tell him you're my son? Actually I don't think he'll remember me cause I wasn't a sociology major (but I bet he'd remember Leona because she was a soc major)

so, have you done Beach volleyball yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home