Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Don't Super Size Me

We just finished watching Super Size Me and I am not feeling so good. I am seriously feeling sick to my stomach and I don't eat fast food that often. Watching that made me see for the first time why people would want to become vegans.
I don't remember the last time that I ate at McDonalds but I don't think that I will ever eat there again. Did you know that their new premium salads have as much sugar and fat in them as a Big Mac. The fruit and yogurt parfait has more calories and fat then any of the sundaes and if you get the one with granola it is worse for you. The super size drink is about a half gallon. My guess is that most other fast food places are about the same nutritionally.
This is a great movie for anyone who is thinking they need a new diet plan. Just watch this movie everytime you get a craving for junk/fast food. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend it, and the bonus features give some interesting information as well...I don't know what McDonalds french fries are made of but I now doubt that it is anything non man-made.

2 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 5:51 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

We watched that awhile ago too. I'm not a big fan of McDonalds anyway, but now I'm seriously considering if I can ever eat any fast food ever again. Other than In 'n Out, because its probably much healthier. Okay, maybe not much healthier, but at least a little bit. I hope. Since we watched it, back in October I think, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to eat any fast food at all, apart from Subway, but I don't think that really counts.

 
At 6/17/2005 9:13 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Whenever we go out to eat, besides Chinese (which is about 90% of the time thanks to Chesney), it's usually togos, eric's, quiznos...not one of the burger places, but when we do, I'm so sickened by burgers that I usually get the chicken strips. They're not better for you, but the point is that I don't care for burgers much. If I wanted a burger, I'd go to Red Robin.

By the way, I wrote about Super Size Me on my blog as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home